Work with us!
The fun and inspiration children experience through artsREACH programmes opens them up to the world of the arts, and helps boost their confidence as they realize their own potential while gaining life skills and experience — including team work and social skills.
Current Job posting: Dance Instructor
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Dance Instructor. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of introduction, résumé and references.
We’re looking for instructors and assistant instructors
The instructors that teach artsREACH classes offer high-level instruction and inspiration, ensuring that healthy, creative young people enhance the quality of life in our community and help create a vibrant tomorrow.
All instructors and assistants must have prior experience teaching young children and understand that they may be required to provide additional support for students that may have learning and/or developmental disabilities. A clean criminal record check and references are also required.
The rate of pay varies depending on experience with teaching the artsREACH program. As duties involve traveling between schools, applicants must have access to a car and will be compensated for mileage.
If you are interested in becoming an instructor or assistant, please review the requirements below.
If you qualify, please send us a letter of introduction, résumé and references via our Contact Us page.
Please note that we currently hire all instructors and assistants on part-time contracts from September to June and we cannot guarantee hours.
Those selected for an interview will be required to provide samples and/or a video of their work.
- An arts and/or arts education degree
- At least two years of previous teaching experience
- Strong technique in your area of expertise
- Demonstrated skill and ability for teaching children between the ages of 5-10
- High energy and patience
- Professional artists without degrees
- Currently in related post-secondary programme
- At least one year’s experience of teaching children
- High energy and patience
Current Job posting: Adminstrative Manager
We’re looking for an Adminstrative Manager
The artsREACH Society is looking for an Administrative Manager to start ASAP. Please send resume to Anne Nilsen at email@example.com. Current Administrator will be happy to mentor during your startup and be available for support. More information about artsREACH can be found at www.artsreach.ca
JOB DESCRIPTION – ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Administration and Development Manager for artsREACH will work part time from September to end of July, hours will vary month to month. The Administration will connect regularly with directors of the artsREACH Board.
Duties of the Administration and Development Manager are:
- Manage and track grants, donations and other financial information.
- Develop strategies for maintaining ongoing relationships with donors.
- Work with volunteers to ensure appropriate procedures are followed with regards to non-profit organizations.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Be responsible for working from a home office, maintaining and monitoring an artsREACH email address.
- Maintain financial books using Quickbooks (or comparable programme) for review by the artsREACH Board Treasurer.
- Review monthly instructor, assistant, and Programme Coordinator invoices for accuracy and prepare cheques for payment to be signed by the artsREACH signing officers.
- Be responsible for writing cheques in payment for other products and services such as insurance, t-shirt laundry, etc.
- Attend monthly board meetings, live when permitted or by Zoom and the AGM, supplying appropriate administrative reports.
- Communicate regularly with the Programme Coordinator to keep up to date on workshop statistics; including a summary of workshops delivered, schools covered, and monies available for additional workshops.
- Prepare annual instructor/assistant contracts for signing by these contractors and Board President.
- Collect Criminal Record Checks from the Programme Coordinator for all staff and volunteers who will be involved with children. Oversee storage of such documents and ensure all Criminal Record Checks for instructors/assistants, staff, and Board members are up to date.
- Post all instructor/assistant job postings.
- Obtain the written authorization of the Board President or Treasurer for any expenditure additional to those expenses provided in the budget authorized by artsREACH.
- Report to the Board and provide support to the Board as needed.
Education and Skills
- Post-Secondary Education in Public Administration, Business Administration, Non-Profit Management or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Quick books or similar program
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Proficient in the English language spoken and written
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Basic management skills
- Experience collating statistics and information for reporting
- Familiarity with the B.C. Society Act
- Proven Leadership skills