Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity?
We are seeking a coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers for the artsREACH Society. You will be responsible for scheduling volunteers and allocating responsibilities. You must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
The ideal person for this volunteer (unpaid) position is a self-motivated individual with a strong commitment to the arts and community engagement. The Volunteer Coordinator must to be able to work independently to support artsREACH initiatives, and work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff. The goal is to increase our community presence through volunteer-supported community outreach events.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills including sufficient computer knowledge to schedule and track volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A genuine desire to work with artsREACH and within its fundamental principles, including a belief that access to a quality arts education should be available to all children and that financial barriers for children from low-income families should not exist.
- A positive attitude with openness to new challenges.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
- Ensuring volunteer recruitment information is made available to identified communities.
- Reviewing and monitoring website to ensure recruitment information is accurate and current.
- Tracking volunteer recruitment and participation.
- Ensuring members of the volunteer team receive the training they need to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Ensuring that volunteers meet the needs of the organization.
- Understanding artsREACH needs and goals in order to effectively communicate with all stakeholders in our communities a part of our outreach efforts.
Each month, an hourly meeting will be held with the Administrator to review volunteer needs and recruitment. A minimum of 10 hours a month is expected for implementing recruitment strategies, communicating with volunteers, and scheduling for events.
We are seeking a Volunteer Coordinator who can commit to a minimum one-year term. All work will be done from your home computer. Meetings will be held at times and locations convenient for you. The successful applicant can expect support and mentorship while learning about artsREACH and how its mission is carried out.
What’s in it for you?
- Make new community contacts.
- Gain community recognition for professional pro-bono work.
- Creative and innovative work methods.
- Highly independent and self-directed opportunity.
- Learn new tools of engagement and fundraising strategies.
- Knowledge that you help make a difference for students who benefit from artsREACH workshops in our community.
- If you chose to become a member, your name can be put forth to join the Board of Directors in September of each year.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and c.v. by email to Gaylia Lassner at email@example.com.
We would like the Volunteer Coordinator to start as soon as possible, and will be accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.
We appreciate your interest in this meaningful volunteer opportunity.